Greed is a strong and selfish desire to have more of something, most often money or power. There are many warnings in the Bible about giving in to greed and longing for riches. Jesus warned, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions” (Luke 12:15). “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal… You cannot serve both God and money” (Matthew 6:19, 24b). Did Jesus pursue the acquisition of money? No. On the contrary, He became poor for our sake (2 Corinthians 8:9) and had “no place to lay his head” (Matthew 8:20). Neither did Jesus pursue power. Rather, He instructed, “Whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many” (Mark 10:43–45).
The court noted that the public’s right to access the case information outweighed the privacy of certain individuals. CORBIS VIA GETTY IMAGES
Update (11:15 a.m. EST, July 8, 2019): U.S. Prosecutors Charge Jeffrey Epstein With Sex Trafficking And Conspiracy
Topline: A federal appeals court Wednesday ordered that 167 documents in a lawsuit that alleges famously well-connected financier Jeffrey Epstein participated in a sex-trafficking ring should be unsealed—and that many of his powerful friends could be named.
- In its 27-page decision, the court cited the public’s right to access the case information outweighed the privacy of certain individuals, “including numerous prominent American politicians, powerful business executives, foreign presidents, a well‐known Prime Minister, and other world leaders.”
- Virginia Guiffre (now Roberts) filed the lawsuit against Ghislaine Maxwell, alleging that she had used her as part of a sex-trafficking network of underage girls to Epstein and a number of his famous friends, including his lawyer Alan Dershowitz and Prince Andrew. Both men denied the accusations.
- Dershowitz has supported unsealing the documents, according to the Daily Beast.
- The documents will not be immediately available, as anonymous individuals involved in the case have two weeks to file appeals.
- The court advised the documents be read carefully. “We, therefore, urge the media to exercise restraint in covering potentially defamatory allegations, and we caution the public to read such accounts with discernment,” wrote the court in its decision.
Key background: Epstein had previously been charged in 2007 in a 53-page indictment. As the Miami Herald revealed in its investigative series “Perversion of Justice,” Epstein managed to escape all federal charges through a plea deal that gave him and all of his alleged coconspirator’s immunity, with all documents being sealed. Epstein ended up pleading guilty to one state prostitution charge in Florida. He then registered as a sex offender and paid unspecified restitution to three dozen victims identified by the FBI.
The contentious plea deal was orchestrated by U.S. attorney Alexander Acosta, now President Trump’s secretary of labor. TheMiami Herald’s reporting prompted calls for Acosta to resign, but he has remained in his Cabinet post. Source
Editor, Bankster Crime
MY MISSION IS NOT TO CONVINCE YOU, ONLY TO INFORM…
#Fraud #Banks #Money #Corruption #Bankers,#Powerful Politicians, #Businessmen
President Reagan memorably said that the nine words you don’t want to hear are “I’m from the government, and I’m here to help.” Governments in all…Read More
Two weeks ago, when showing the uncanny correlation between defaults and the unemployment rates, we predicted that the number of Chapter 11 filings that is…Read More
Authored by Michael Snyder via The End of The American Dream blog, Very few people are talking about it, and even fewer are bothering to…Read More
With US stocks soaring to start the week on the combination of Powell’s 60 Minutes affirmation that the Fed’s money printer go BRRRRR to 11 (as Nomura’s Charlie McElligott…Read More
The National Debt Clock is flashing a major warning, Red Alert! this morning while working on another article I happened to glance at this indicator…Read More
Brace For A Monday Massacre: Buffett Liquidates All Airline Holdings As Berkshire Sees Another Leg Lower
Well, it’s official: there won’t be any “Buy American” op-eds by the Oracle of Omaha this time around. In fact, if anything, they will be…Read More
“We Are Moving Into The End-Game”: 27 Tankers Anchored Off California, Hundreds Off Singapore As Oil Industry Shuts Down
Back in the late fall of 2014, when Saudi Arabia broke up OPEC for the first time and unleashed a torrent of crude oil on…Read More
Over the last several decades, have we ever seen a year start as strangely as 2020 has? Global weather patterns have gone completely nuts, large…Read More